Saturday, July 3, 2010

Tour de Fleece-Day 1

So I was informed of a spinning event on Ravelry, called the Tour de Fleece. You take part in spinning on the same days that the bikers are riding for the Tour de France. I thought that this would give me a chance to work on my stash and try some new techniques like the wrap and turn or coils. I can't wait! Well I shouldn't say that considering today was the first day of the event. I got a few yds in on my drop spindle, but not too much. I'm dog sitting, so I don't have my wheel with me. I was sad at first, but it's giving me a chance to work on my drop spindles. Yes, spindles. I have 3 that still have projects on them. I haven't touched them since I got my spinning wheel. I'm here til Monday evening, so it'll be nice to work on them again til I'm back at my place and on my wheel again.

No comments: